So here it is... I jumped into The 7 Experiment last week, the intro anyway, as I prepped for leading our Monday night women at Bethlehem Lutheran Church--Twin Cities (BLC) this fall. Chosen primarily because one of the pastors asked if we had ever heard of/studied under Jen Hatmaker, Deb (my ministry partner) and I looked a bit at her available writings. I was drawn to 7 because of the chance to look at fasting as a spiritual discipline. We (the ministry team) are always trying to focus on discipling and discipleship, as the Lutheran denomination has really veered from raising up parishioners in their personal faith in favor of serving/doing. Now before you start freaking out, let me elaborate. Over the years of our ministry (a conservative estimate at 15+) we have really noticed that while so many of our church are busy "doing" literally all over the world, they have lost the "why." In fact, many of them haven't any idea what the why is. ...
Comments
Post a Comment